A discussion is an invitation to other members for conversation around the subject. It is a bit more formal than a 'post' and easier to find later.
There are a few things you can do:
- You create a discussion by using the ‘+’ button in the header menu or the button on the topic overview page of your profile. This is called creating a 'topic'. Discussion is a type of 'topic'.
- Choose 'Discussion' from the options
- When creating you can either choose to add it to a group or not.
- Creating one outside a group the discussion is visible on the homepage stream and on the profile of the author
- Creating one inside an open group it appears in the topic overview in a group on the homepage stream and on the profile of the author
- Creating one inside a closed group will only be available to members of that group
- You can also create a discussion in a group directly from the group itself
- Only The author can edit their own discussion
- The author can choose whether people can comment or not on the topic in the settings at the bottom of the 'add topic' page