Your user account gives you a unique identity in the platform behind the scenes. It is the vital administrative element - your privacy, notification settings etc. You will be taken to the Account Settings page during the registration process as it is very important that you know what they are.
Please take a moment to check your settings - you can change them later, and you can always delete you account and everything with it.
You can manage:
- Account information
- Email address
- Private messages
- Email notifications for private messages
- Email notifications for all the various ways to connect with others
- Privacy settings
- Location (we suggest making it public to the community)
- Email (we suggest keeping it private)
- Locale settings
- Useful for making yourself more findable geographically