Activity streams allows us to keep track of the activities of members, groups and the whole community. You will find them at several areas:
- Home page when logged in: shows the activities relevant to you
- Explore page: shows all the activities of the whole community
- In a user profile: shows all the activities of a specific member
- In a group: shows all the activities of a group
You will see posts and topics in here - this isn't Facebook where every activity is made public. It's important to remember the difference between 'Posts' and 'Topics'
- Posts: are like status updates - they are part of the flow in the stream, and not a piece of knowledge or conversation that you want to be able to find easily later.
- Topics: are blogs, discussions, resources that are the your thoughts or conversations that you want to find later, to be come a find-able part of the knowledge in the community.